The Ministry for Revenue is a diverse business. The Ministry:
• Administers 4 tax types;
• Administers business, Liquor and Customs and Shipping agent licenses
• Facilitates legitimate trade through an intelligence led risk based approach
• Protects the border from threats through the interception of illegal drugs,
firearms and other prohibited and restricted goods using intelligence analysis,
computer-based analysis and detector dogs.
• Administers the effective and efficient collection of the import excise and
domestic excise taxes in conformity with the Excise Acts, and the control of
warehouses as prescribed in the Customs Act.
• Has 7 delivery sites – including offices, ports and K9 facilities;
• Employs over 180 staff.